What is BARB (buy and rent back)?
“Buy and rent back” or BARB refers to Everphone’s lease buyback concept. In simple terms, we buy our customers’ current smartphone fleet and then rent the devices back to them.
What are the benefits of BARB?
- With BARB, the leagcy devices of our customers will be immediately integrated in our service agreement level, including all Everphone services such as …
- immediate free upgrades (device exchanges) in case of device defects,
- device management in our customer portal, and
- the sustainable reduction of expenses for IT, helpdesk and office management.
- You shift investment costs to operating costs (“capex to opex” shift). This will free up capital immediately. Also, there may be tax deductions with the opex shift.
- Employees can upgrade their rental device free of charge after just four weeks, for example from an iPhone 11 to an iPhone 14.
BARB is an easy and convenient way to modernize your entire company mobile device fleet one phone/tablet at a time. Everphone takes care of all logistics etc.
How does “buy and rent back” work?
“Buy and rent back” is a paper-only transaction. The devices do not have to be physically moved or exchanged.
The buy and rent back process includes the following steps:
- The customer provides everphone with a list of mobile devices intended for the buy back on rent.
- Everphone then provides a quote for the purchase price and monthly rental rates of the devices. We evaluate the condition of the devices, without inspecting them, with a very favorable condition.
- Upon acceptance of the offer, the mobile devices are entered into the Everphone customer portal and can be administered there from then on. The agreed purchase price is paid.
- Done! Damage reports, device losses and, if desired, update requests can be handled independently by the employees from now on.
How does choosing a refurbished device/extending my rental lower the environmental impact?
Why should I extend my rent?
How sustainable is the Everphone service and what is its impact on my carbon footprint?
Can employees buy equipment from terminated rentals?
How much is the device exchange?
What happens with the returned devices?
What else do you want to know?
If you haven’t found the answer to your questions, just ask us directly via this form.
We’ll get back to you in no time!